Wednesday, March 18, 2009

There are some things too bizarre for words


I've read some of the stories written in the last year about the Austrian man who imprisoned his daughter in a modern dungeon in their cellar for twenty-four years and forced her to bear seven children for him.

I forced myself to read this story that was linked from the Drudge Report here about this monster and his crimes.  I kept saying to myself, thinking to myself, "this is only a horrible fiction, something that Stephen King at his most insane would write" - but it's not.
It's too horrible even to bring up on this blog, but I feel compelled to do it, if only to ask other people "WHY?".  How can anyone be so depraved, so sick, so cruel to his own child?  And to construct such an elaborate and complex life around such a heartless lie?
I can't find any answers for these questions.  I have to force myself to go outside and breathe in the frosty spring air to clear the mental stench that this leaves in me before I become sick.  Sometimes I hear of evil in this world that's beyond comprehension.  This is one of those times.  Dear God, how can this be?

No comments: