Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Interesting new top end for ARs

After a trip to the range yesterday to sight in and test fire the newlly decked-out AR carbine, AK and FN SLP (pictures and information to follow) I stopped into Gilbert's Guns to see what was happening there. I'm thinking hard about one of the new XDm .40s from Springfield since I don't have a .40 in the stable now, the XDm is very nice with all the new changes and I already carry an XD45 so there won't be any transition to speak of.
So once I was there, gandering, Jason Gilbert showed me one of the things that he says is really hot right now, and that's the .22 caliber conversion top ends for the ARs from Tactical Solutions. They're lightweight and allow you to practice with your AR by just swapping out the top ends, no fitting, no nothing. Swap and shoot, no hassles, and he says that they're reliable as well. At $569 they might be a bit pricey, but they're extremely well made and well finished. I've never seen anything from Tactical Solutions that wasn't top-notch.
Something to consider if you're looking for a low-cost practice solution in this time of rising prices, or just want to be able to plink or hunt small game with your AR.

No comments: